Friday, October 12, 2007

whoever said that i would get tI o like city life...

NEEDS THEIR HEAD EXAMINED!!!! Someone stole Pete's bike last night. Today a boy that turned in another boy (12) for stealing a bike the other night was slashed with a knife by the boy just over from our place. our building (our unit included) has an infestation of ants. It took me 50 minutes to get home tonight instead of my usual 30 minutes. Our neighbors dogs are barking more than usual lately. And the noise is really starting to get to me.

Okay I'll now stop with the whining.

This past weekend I was on call with work for the first time. I made my first two arrangements on monday and the services were today and everything went really well. YA!!!

I went to the city for my aunt's funeral and got to see my family and friends for a couple of hours. We had a nice visit under the circumstances. I did get to see some of my family members that I haven't seen in quite some time.

I got a good laugh from my Uncle Yo-Yo (that is what we called him when I was growing up, he is my great-great uncle). He is in long term care and I always tease him that he is chasing the nurses around and pinching their backsides. I asked him if he was still chasing the nurses and his reply was "No, I'm not chasing them anymore, I have to keep pushing them away!" Way too funny!! :-)

At work I have resigned myself to the fact that no one will get my name right. I have been called names that are not even remotely close to what my name is. One day they will all get it right. I am on a mission.

2 Comments:

At 8:21 a.m., October 13, 2007 , Blogger Susan said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about the bike, and the scariness of knowing what little kids are doing to each other!! Sometimes I think about the convenience of moving to the city, but in some ways I sure do like my isolation out in the boonies.

 
At 6:46 p.m., October 13, 2007 , Blogger Kirken said...

i wish i was in my little bubble i call small town living...today i was having alot of trouble with noise...on nice thing about the city is the cheap shopping

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home