Sunday, September 23, 2007

Birthday cakes

Wow is high speed ever fast!!!! We had dial up for so long that high speed is a real dream!!

Yesterday we had a little birthday party for Repete. We had had one before we moved so he could see his friends before we left and this is the cake I made for him. Yes I know, it is missing headlights and tires. The kids didn't care and I was frustrated with the icing.

The reason for the car and the 29 is Repete is in love with the NASCAR #29. Truckerman got the boys into NASCAR that everything has to be NASCAR. We have started decorating their room in NASCAR.

This is the cake that I made yesterday for the party. Thank goodness for computers and printers or the #'s would not have turned out so nice. We went to the park and then afterwards Truckerman's cousin (Susie), her son and fiance came for supper and her son stayed for a sleepover.
Susie's son went to church with us and he went to Sunday School and loved it. I was thinking that he could come with us on a regular basis if it is okay with his mom. She was happy to hear that he enjoyed himself. Maybe she will start coming. That would be nice.

Update on the house. The people that were causing us so much grief realized that we were not budging and asked if we would accept the old offer again with an extension on the inspection and that they would sign off on it. We should have made them sweat it out for a day or two but we didn't and we gave them the extension. So the house is pending on them selling their house.

We sold our piano because we did not have a place to put it so that is a load off of my mind. So now we only have a couple of things left to put into storage. The nice thing is a friend offered us his truck to use instead of us taking our truck there and spending all of the gas using 2 vehicles of ours.

On the work front things are going well and I like working at the north location much better than downtown. The manager and the full time attendant are great and they are more my type of people. In the 3 days that I have been there I have learned more then the 2 weeks I was downtown. Plus they are not as sticky about the dress code there. I am aloud to wear my sweater instead of my suit jacket. :-) YIPEE!! I hate wearing the jacket, I only have to wear it and my name tag at funerals. HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!!! Things are going to work out well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home