Wednesday, August 08, 2007

My Question is "Why Do They Always Do That?"

Why is that every funeral that is not Catholic or Lutheran (or some cult) use the same 2 readings and the same so called hymns?

The readings I am refering to are Psalm 23 and Ecclesiastes 3. Both are important in the Bible just like every other reading but why are they always the ones to be read. There are others that are so wonderful and so comforting to hear, why can't they be read.

And why is it that everyone uses songs like "Old Rugged Cross", "Amazing Grace", "In The Garden" and other ones like that? With the amount of funerals that I have been working and will be working I am going to be singing them in my sleep. UGH!!

I'm so tempted to steal all the hymn books at work and change them to something with substance.

1 Comments:

At 6:33 a.m., August 11, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I walk in the garden a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home