Sunday, July 15, 2007

Oh so hot and oh so busy

The first week here was slow and the start of the last week was looking slow. Tuesday was a little bit busier and then it seemed to get busier. That is until friday when the phone started to ring and things started to get crazy.

I ended up going in and working 12 hours saturday and it is so hot here. I was running pretty much the whole time and then with the heat and having to wear a suit. I can just melt.

I drove home last night at 10:30 pm so I could sleep in my own bed in my own house with my own things around me. Plus it is a lot cooler in my house then my parents. Right now it is a balmy 88 degrees F. This is going to be a long hot week. :-( Their house heats up and does not cool down. I'm not thrilled about it what so ever.

Tomorrow is supposed to be hot and we have 2 very long funerals to work out of town and my suit jacket sucks up the heat and holds it in. I will have to remember to take my water bottle with me to keep me hydrated.

I have been pondering things latey. Yes I know, those who know me are thinking "Oh, no!!" LOL but this is what has been on my mind. I am staying in my old bedroom and mom has turned it into her sewing room and collectables room. She collects coffee mugs and nativity scenes and some of them are beautiful. She just informed me that she has over 250 of them so far. So day in and day out I am looking at these scenes. People have brought some from all over the world and some are beautiful like I said and some are really very cute but them there are some that are bothering me. The ones that bother me are the ones that are different, well not all that are different but some of them. The ones that are bothering me are the ones that are of animals. Mom have some that are made up animals, moose, bears, dogs, ect. And then there are the 4 sets that are made up of snowmen. Yes, snowmen! Since when did snowmen have anything to do with the nativity or animals dressed as humans. I am quite disturbed about this idea (ha,ha,ha!! to Truckerman who would say that I have always been disturbed :-P).

Does anyone else see this as just wierd and just wrong? Or am I just over analyzing all of this?

1 Comments:

At 11:27 p.m., July 16, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have to say that the snowmen are a little weird but oh well she's your mom.I hope it cools down pretty soon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home