Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I am back

We are here and almost finished moving in. We still have boxes in each of the rooms that need to get put away still except the kitchen. The essentials are out and the rest is slowly getting done.

Truckerman is finding school not too bad and the boys like their school and are making friends. I am not liking the drive to and from work because of the traffic but the job is good. I enjoy everyone that I am working with. Unfortunately I will only be there for a few more days and then I will be going up to their north location. There will only be a couple of us up there and they do not embalm at that location and I really enjoy doing that part of the business. I will have to have a good talk with my boss in the next couple of days about things.

Because the bosses at work implemented a new dress code starting this week they gave me a clothing allowance and sent one of the ladies with me to go shopping. I was able to get a couple suits and a couple pairs of shoes and some new shirts. Then on my own I bought another pair of pants to go with the one suit jacket. I am not used to having to dress up everyday. I really can't wait to get home and change into more cumfy clothing. I have learned to leave a white blouse and a black jacket at work and if I am wearing something other then black or grey slacks to work to have them on hand as well. This is just in case they decide at the last minute to send me on a funeral. That happened to me yesterday. What fun!!!

Tonight Truckermans cousin Susie and her son came over and we all (them, Pete, Repete, and myself) went to the farmers market. There were a few nice things there but honestly I could buy things cheaper elsewhere. I am going to have to go to the farmers market downtown another day (it runs all year long).

2 Comments:

At 4:59 p.m., September 12, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from you again! The weather is just awful here. Their talking about snow maybe tonight.

 
At 7:12 a.m., September 13, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear things are settling into place. Hope all continues to go well!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home