Friday, January 05, 2007

Poor Little Man

A bruised reed He will not break, and a faintly burning wick He will not wrench. Isaiah 42:3

Last night while Truckerman and I were watching our movie Repete woke up with a sore ear. Truckerman gave him some Motrin and I got him the heating pad and he went back to sleep. At 6am he woke again to a sore ear so some more Motrin he got. It did it again at 11am. So I drove to the city to the doctor there and he has an ear infection just like we thought. So it is Motrin and Tylonal for him for the next couple of days.

At suppertime his ear popped and now is oozing some blood. I called the hospital and the nurse told me that it would be okay but if the flow hadn't slowed down by morning to bring him into the hospital. I have been putting cottonballs in his ear to absorb the ooze and it seems to be slowing down already.

When we got home from the city, Truckerman informed me that the CD/DVD drive of the computer has calved. So I might not be able to write for a couple of days. Tonight we backed everything up on the MP3 player and most of the pictures that I had not backed up yet onto the memory stick. Now Truckerman has to do a recovery to see if that will fix the drive (which is highly unlikely). This means that everything that we have saved will be gone for good if we did not back it up. What an ordeal! So then once that is done we have to put everything back onto the computer and then see if the drive works and if it doesn't then the company will send us a new one. Even with all this hassle I am thankful that this happened before the warranty ran out instead of after. So that is an upside to the situation.

So hopefully this will all get finished soon because I have assignments that will need to get done and this just puts a bit of a hold on it. But then it could be worse and we would have to send the computer away or it could have crashed with all the pictures, etc. on here that was not backed up. Yikes, that could hurt! And that could have really made things tough for me. So there is aways something worse that could always happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home