Friday, December 29, 2006

How many times?

David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and struck the Philistine and killed him. 1 Samual 17:50

How many times do 2 big people have to tell 2 little people to clean their room? The counter that I said that I was removing finally was removed by Truckerman the other day and he proceeded to remove part of the carpet in the room. He and I painted the walls that the counter had been against and then we moved the bunk beds. When we moved the beds the things that had fallen between the bed and the wall were revealed. How can 2 young boys have so much stuff?!

Truckerman wanted to remove the carpet and underpad today before he went back to work. Well, the boys take forever to do anything, literally. Why should any parent have to stand over them for them to get anything finished?! Finally the carpet is out and the floor swept. Now I get the privilage to go through all of their toys and start getting rid of the toys that are not played with. Then I have to listen to the 2 of them say that they love to play with that toy and this one is my favorite even though neither of them have played with the thing for months. It shall be fun.

I should have taken a picture of the weather outside today. There was frost on the trees this morning and this afternoon the wind had picked up a bit and the sun was out so the frost was blowing off of the trees. The frost was sparkling like glitter in the air. It was really pretty.

I got myself some good deals today. I went to the grocery store and they had marked down the toys they had there. I got some build a car kits for $2 that were $4.25 before Christmas. Some Barbie type dolls and baby dolls for $2.49 that were $5.49. I thought they were such good deals that I called my mom and she had me go to town again and get here 4 of each dolls. Christmas shopping has already started in this household.

2 Comments:

At 10:37 a.m., December 30, 2006 , Blogger Susan said...

I've found that sometimes it's easier to declutter when you start with the thought that it's all going and you'll be starting from NOTHING, and you're going to pick out the few things that need to be kept, rather than trying to decide what is to be eliminated. Usually I can't bring myself to be that ruthless, but when I can, I'm usually happier with the results.

 
At 12:18 p.m., December 30, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip. I was going to do it today but am now going to the city to see mom and dad and to get a few things. I think the first thing that I am going to do in there is go through all of their clothes and figure out what they don't wear and what is too small. I bought a Rubbermaid to store all of their summer clothes since they lost storage space in their room now. Even though losing the counter what a difference it made in actual space for them and the register is not covered anymore and the boys are happy that they have room to play now. I'm questioning why I didn't do this before.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home