Friday, December 15, 2006

Frazzeled

The word of our God will stand forever. Isahiah 40:8

I have had to quit studying. My brain hurts and I can't think straight anymore. ~:-S Smoke is going to start coming out of my ears if I study anymore. Hopefully I am prepared enough for these exams.

I received a call from Repete's teacher last night. Seems like there has been a case of head lice that has found its way into the classroom. Head lice has been a huge problem this year in both the Catholic and Public Schools. Head lice is a fact but I came to find out that some children have had it and one family has had a problem with it since September and they are not telling the school that this is going on. I personally think this is irresponsible of the parents not to tell the school so that extra precautions can be taken. And if you are having trouble controling it then contact the health nurse. Someone will help. It drives me nuts that these people could not tell anyone so now it is going nuts within the schools even with the extra precautions that are being taken.

The freezing rain warning has ended and so far we have only had a little bit of snow and some wind. It is still supposed to snow and it is supposed to be quite a bit. That I don't mind. The thought of the highway crews going on strike isn't a comforting thought though. Oh well, we'll make it through.

The bewitching hour is almost here for my exams. Part of me wants to be doning them right now and just have it all done and over with and part of me wants to go and hide. I'm so restless at the moment and need to calm down. Please say a prayer for me that I will be able to do well. I know that I can do this with God's help because I can only do this through Him.

It's time for lunch and then I'm off. Update you all later.

2 Comments:

At 7:48 a.m., December 18, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kirken;

I fully understand your feelings regarding head lice. It can be a very overwhelming time for both the parents and the child. Thought you might like to know there is a company out there called Licesquad. I myself have used them this past fall and it was the best investment I have made! They have professional nitpickers that come to your home and eridicate the lice and the nits. In a matter of a few hours my daughter was lice free. They also use pesticide free treatment as I did not like the idea of using a pesticide on my daughter. The nitpicker was terrific and very understanding to our feelings to say the least, I was a bit panicky. (this being my first time dealing with these little critters). They also offer in school programs and I had talked to the principal and we now have Licesquad come in 3 times per year to check all the school children. Highly recommend them!!

 
At 5:40 p.m., December 18, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip. I was also told to use Tea Tree Oil. I guess it is supposed to repel the lice. You can add a drop to their shampoo and also add it to their laundry. I went out and bought some and will try it tonight when their wash.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home