Thursday, December 07, 2006

Smelly and Cold

In the beginning was the Word... and the Word was God. John 1:1

It was a beautiful day here today. But tonight my behind, hands, face and toes are coooooolllllddddd!!!!! That is because we were out in the cold for our town's annual Parade of Lights. We had decided almost at the last minute to put a little float in. It was supposed to be the Sunday School class but two were sick and 2 had piano lessons. So it was the boys, myself and my nephew. I hope that letting him join in the fun will get him coming to Church again. He promised that he will be there this sunday. His sister has been coming but last night she came down with the flu.
I thought that the Bible verse was appropriate for the parade. I wish that I had gotten a picture of the Special Olympics float. They did the Nativity for theirs. It was great. The funniest thing that happened was the float in front of us had a light up Santa on top of their float and it fell off just as we were just starting and they just drove away without the thing so we picked it up and will return it tomorrow. Our Pastor, his wife, and their dog, Daisy walked along side the float so they were nice and toasty.

I could not figure out what stunk in the car on the way home. I thought that it was my clothes from the generator that was running the lights. Well, yes it was my clothes but after I changed I could still smell that smell. Ya, it's in my hair. :-P

My SIL will be coming home tomorrow. That is all I know for now. I'll have to call Saturday and see how she is doing. I would call tomorrow but I have to get my last assignment finished and go and see Truckerman an hour from here to take him some more food and clothes and let the boys see him. That will be a nice thing for them and for Truckerman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home