Tuesday, November 28, 2006

BBBBRRRRR!!!!!!

May God Himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and He will do it. 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

Can someone please remind me why we had to get a little car?! I got stuck in the driveway yet again today! Thank goodness my FIL was in town today. He can and pushed me out. We live out of town so we should have a bigger vehicle, but it is good on gas and it was a good price and we are moving to the city :-P and it will last us the entire time we are there. Okay I got it but it still SUCKS at the moment with getting stuck in the driveway.

If the gratter does not come tomorrow before 3pm I will be stuck and the boys will not be going to bowling. Even though I did get out today it has been blowing so hard tonight that I am drifted in again. And with the cold and the wind my house is like an ice cube. I'm thinking that we may need to insulate the place before we decide to sell because it seems to be worse every year. The guy that built this place, as we have found out over the last couple of years wasn't the brightest star in the sky. I question what he was thinking on a regular basis.

Grandpa helped Repete at school today with the ginger bread houses that the Kindergarten's were making. They had a good time doing it together.

I had to interview two Funeral Directors for my assignment today so I called my friend in the city and I went to see my boss in town. I ended up visiting with my boss for almost 2 hours. She is such a wonderful person and I really enjoy working for her and her husband. I ask everyone to pray for their daughter. She had Hodgkins Disease when she was younger and it has come back but only worse. This time they had to remove her thyroid and they are unsure of what to do for further treatment.

I received a postcard in the mail today. It was from Locks of Love. If you don't know what that is I'll just tell you. Locks of Love takes donations of 6+ inches of hair to make wigs for children that have different diseases that have hair loss as one of their side effects. My thought is why throw it away when you can give it to someone who can use it and make their lives a little better. I donated hair this year and have decided that from now on I will grow my hair out and when it reaches a certain point then I will cut it and give it away. I have a few more months before I can do that again but it is all worth it. If anyone is interested just contact your hairdresser and ask them and if they have never heard of it then refer them to the web site it is well worth it.

2 Comments:

At 11:45 a.m., November 30, 2006 , Blogger Ritewinger said...

Can I donate some hair?

 
At 3:31 p.m., November 30, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL...if you grew it out maybe...:-P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home