Saturday, December 02, 2006

Long day

God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us so that whether we are awake or asleep we might live with Him. 1 Thessalonians 5:9-10

Today was a busy one. Truckerman let me sleep in this morning. That was so nice of him. :-) I took the recycling in this afternoon, got the few things I forgot at 2 different grocery stores, went to the Bargain Shop to pick up a birthday present, went to the local V&S store to get a couple things and then off to the birthday party that Repete was invited to.

Repete had a great time and did not want to leave. And all the kids loved to present that Repete gave to his friend. They all played with it for about 2 hours.

We got Truckerman ready for work and he left here just after 9 pm for a 9 day stretch. This is the only time that he goes this long. His boss goes to Las Vegas for the Nation Finals Rodeo. LUCKY DUCK!! (I'd love to go to that, I love rodeos) We will go and see him on Saturday and take him some clean clothes and more food and anything else that he may need. Normally he is only gone for 4-5 days at a time. I really do not miss the long stretches of him being gone. Sometimes he would go 2-3 weeks at a time and then only be home 1-3 days. That was hard. Then there was the job where he was on call 24 hours a day for 16 days and 5 off. You never knew when he was coming or going. That made one gentleman very upset with me when I could not tell him when Truckerman would be home. How could I not know when he would be home from work? Heck half the time I didn't even know which province he was in and which end of that province either.

I got a new t-shirt yesterday. I want your honest opinion on it. What do you all think of it? I think it is the funniest thing. When I first saw it I told Truckerman that I had to have it. So know I have one. :-) I can't wait to see peoples faces when they read it. LOL

4 Comments:

At 10:50 a.m., December 03, 2006 , Blogger Hausfrau said...

My 13 year old was looking over my shoulder. What is formaldiwhatever? I explained to her it's function.

"Why does she want a t-shirt like that?" looking kinda grossed out.

"She's studying to be a mortician."

A lightbulb flips on and a grin stretches across her face. "Oh, that. is. funny."

So thumbs up here, though I wouldn't recommend wearing it when dealing with the families of the deceased or ... to say .. a hospital. ; )

 
At 11:00 a.m., December 06, 2006 , Blogger Susan said...

I laughed at the t-shirt.

My daughter's boyfriend is in med school, and sometimes he smells of formaldehyde too. And poor Maggie -- last week in the hospital, every once in a while she'd say that something really really stunk. "Dear, that's your breath. You're breathing out the formaldehyde from your artery."

So, Kirken, I've noticed your post's on TPW's blog, and now that you've commented on mine (and I was "checking you out" a little more [grin]) I noticed that you said something about going to sem. Which one? My son-in-law is planning to head to Ft Wayne next fall, but my husband thinks it would be better for him to go to St Cats. Just wondering where you were with that.

 
At 9:42 p.m., December 06, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are headed to Edmonton's sem. It is closer to family and friends and when I am done school I will be licensed in Alberta. St. Cats is a much smaller sem and so is edmonton. He could possibly check it out as well. I wish him the best of luck and God's blessings. :-)

 
At 4:41 p.m., December 07, 2006 , Blogger Susan said...

I think St Cats is closer (far though it be) than Edmonton. It might be closer to his family, though. I know my son-in-law has got an "in" at St Cats, though. He intends to go to Ft Wayne, and that would be better for my daughter than Canada. So we'll see. We should know by Easter.

I'm glad your licensing/job will work well with your hubby's sem location. That'll help!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home