Thursday, November 30, 2006

Finally Got It

The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother Simon and tell him, "We have found the Messiah" (that is, the Christ). John 1:41



Well here we are. We finally did up our family picture. Tomorrow we are going to the city for Truckerman to get a tooth pulled and to pick up some things that we can not get in town. So while we are there we are going to go to where my mom works and get them copied onto card stock to send with our Christmas cards that I am making. Unfortunately this was the best of the bunch. Pete would either be leaned to far over, have an even goofier look on his face, Repete not smiling, or Truckerman saying something funny to get the boys so that they would have real smiles. Don't you just love the antlers?! I picked them up in town today. They even have blinking lights on them. I love Christmas time!!

I had to get some new candles for our Advent Wreath and I found some really great votive holders that I am going to add to the wreath in place of our old holders. They are so nice and such a great price I am going to pick some up for each of the boys teachers and Pete's piano teacher and some candles to go with them. That will get done on Saturday. With some of the stuff we are going to pick up tomorrow and with the rest this week I will be done. Actually there is only a couple more that we need to pick up and the PJ's that I am making and we are done. I start shopping fo r Christmas right after Christmas and go throughout the year. If I find a great deal then I will pick it up and put it away. This also helps when it comes to the boys birthdays and if the boys have a birthday to go to. We do not go all out for our boys. They get enough from other people and we also want them to realize and understand that it isn't about getting and it is about God sending Jesus to be born into this world and to live and die so that we may be with Him and God in Heaven for eternity.

3 Comments:

At 10:10 a.m., December 01, 2006 , Blogger Hausfrau said...

Awww ... that's a nice pic. Everyone looks so happy.

 
At 4:29 p.m., December 01, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very nice picture of you and your family.

 
At 6:04 p.m., December 01, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A smiling happy bunch, who caould ask for more in a Christmas Pic :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home