Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Warming Up

The Lord reigns foever, your God, O Zion, for all generations. Praise the Lord. Psalm 146:10

Today's weather got to a balmy +1 C. They are calling for snow and maybe rain tomorrow. I hope not the rain.

I managed to get some cleaning done today. And I got part of supper started in the slow cooker (sweet and sour buffalo ribs MMMMMM...).

After the boys got home from school I took them and my neice to meet another girl from Sunday School, and we all went to take the Sunday School offering to the local Secret Santa. The Secret Santa in town takes donations of toys, food, and money and makes up baskets for families that will not be able to provide a Christmas this year for their children. 2 or 3 times a year we take the offering money and give it to some type of charity. We have given it to Haitii Lutheran Missions Kids Feeding Kids program, Lutheran World Relief, and the Seminary, just to name a few. We let the children decide so they know where the money is going. They enjoy doing this alot and boy do I hear about it when I forget their money at home. :-)

Truckerman should be home any minute. :-) I can't wait to see him! We should have a nice 8 days together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home