Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Almost Finished

These [signs of Jesus] are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in His name. John 20:31



Christmas has been hectic here. Between trying to get ready for it, finals, and this terrible infection I am worn right out. My cough is still here, my ribs and abs don't hurt anymore but my back is tight and sore.

The boys enjoyed their Christmas. We went to my Grandparent's for Christmas Eve and had a wonderful supper there. The kids are the funniest to watch. My cousin's youngest daughter got so excited over my mom's new chocolate fountain she was clapping her hands and vibrating. Two of the older kids were so excited over the fountain they planted themselves right in front of it and had to be asked several times to move so others could have a turn at it.

The kids also got very excited when Santa came to see us. Repete was jumping up and down and then stopped and shouted, "Hey, I know who you are! You aren't Santa you're Grandpa!" Luckily that younger kids didn't pick up on that one.

Cookie and his girlfriend entertained everyone with magic tricks. Noni (my Great Grandma), Gramps, and my uncle One Eye are still baffled by the trick that was performed. I think I have it fingured out. I'm just trying to figure out the trick that he showed Pete where he had Pete take a card, sign his name on it and then Cookie changed the color on the back of the card. Pete was dumbfounded. Cookie has promised Pete and Repete that he would come to their school to put on a performance. That should make them popular kids for awhile.

Christmas day we went to service in the neighboring town because for some reason most people at our church don't want a service on Christmas day. That confuses me but anyways, we went and then we went to my parent's for brunch and a visit. The boys received camo clothes and puzzle books so they were thrilled.

After our visit we drove to Truckerman's Dad's for supper. We had a nice supper there and got to visit with his Grandma, 2 sets of aunt and uncles, his dad and J. We played games and visited with each other. It was a good time. The boys definately had fun with Uncle D. He has a architecture firm in the city, so he had his laptop there and it has a program that he and the boys play with where they can design buildings and add funny things like slides, ect. to it. They enjoy Uncle D.

The only thing that I did not like is all the Kinder Surprise Eggs that the boys received. I'm not a fan of them and they received a total of 18 plus the 1 that Truckerman got plus one cousin had forgot 3 of his at my parent's so they got sent home with us. So that is a total of 22 eggs. UGH!

Truckerman and I watched my new movie Walk The Line last night. I like that movie. The boys received a couple of movies themselves. We all got very spoiled.

Yesterday Truckerman and 3 others curled together in a family funspiel. Truckerman's team got either second or third and each won $20. Truckerman did really well even though he had not curled in 2 years. He had a good time and that is what matters the prize is just icing on the cake.

The boys room is almost finished even though I said that I was going to get it finished in October. Truckerman did alot of the work. Tomorrow I am going to finish the painting and then we will move the beds and remove the rest of the carpet and bring up the other dresser and it will all be finished. That will be a nice feeling to have one more thing finished in this house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home