Wednesday, December 20, 2006

OOO It Hurts

In those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the Desert of Judea and saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near." Matthew 3:1-2

O boy, does my ribs and chest ever hurt. I've been down here because I am really sick. I have something to do with my trachea and an infection. I didn't even try to say the name, but if I had waited a couple more days it probably would have turned into pneomonia. Last night was the first night of many that I finally slept a descent amount and things are starting to move. But man oh man my ribs hurt now from coughing. The question I have is why has it taken so long to start hurting? I'm not complaining that it is now because I would rather have it now that I am starting to feel better and can cough then when I was feeling lousy.

When did saying "Merry Christmas" become politically incorrect?! I got my final mark back from Business Communications (90% on final and 89% final mark [not trying to brag]) and he said to me, being polically incorrect, from my family to yours, have a merry Christmas. That has irritated me since I received it. Jesus is not politically incorrect thank you very much! I am thankful that I live where I live. My children go to a public school that still says the Lord's Prayer, and the kindergarten teacher does the Nativity for the Christmas concert, they sing Christmas caroles that do mention the birth of Jesus, they have Nativity scenes in the halls, and the kindergarten teacher uses work sheets that have to do with the birth of Christ. You don't find this in too many public schools anymore. All I know is that if I could I would take the school with me when we move to the city. I could list all the positives about this school but I don't have the time.

Speaking of Nativity. Truckerman took me to see the movie last night. It was nice to go out with him alone. The movie was pretty good. Some things were inaccurate but overall I would rate it an 8/10.

This morning the bus got stuck in the yard and the neighbor and Truckerman dig and then pull it out. Truckerman says it was funny to watch the children when the bus was rocking trying to get out. He's not sure whether they were being thrown back and forth or they were trying to help him out. And then when he was trying to dig out the tires he said it was a sea of little faces looking out at him.

There is 3 days before I have to go to my Mom and Dad's for Dad's birthday and Christmas and I do not have any presents wrapped, most of the baking that needs to be done is not done, and the pj's that I was going to make are still not started. Oh, and the Christmas cards are not finished. I am going to be a busy girl the next couple of days. Plus everything else that needs to get done, like laundry, dishes, packing, cleaning, etc. Oh, my aching head. Truckerman leaves today for work as well. Ouch! Well, I better get going and start on all my projects.

1 Comments:

At 8:26 a.m., December 21, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We went to see the Nativity as well. I thought it was a very safe movie in many ways, but it was good. I wish they had accurately portrayed the order of events after Jesus' birth, but there's that Hollywood need to get the Magi in the manger...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home