Sunday, October 22, 2006

Whopper of a headache

Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven. Matthew 9:2

Wow, do I have a headache! Well it is more like my brain is mush and I am having trouble focusing. This is due to the fact that I just finished my assignment that was due tonight. Too many assignments and so many other things to do that I am starting to take my stress out of the family. It was pointed out to me last night.
Truckerman and I discussed some of the things bothering me and then he and I sat the boys down and had a family meeting with them to discuss things with them. Mom and Dad have laid down the law!!
Things were better today but there is still somethings that need improving yet. I know that things are not going to change overnight but they will.
First thing was that the boys are more conscious of turning the lights out and shutting the door to the outside. I am charging $.25 everytime either is not done. If 2 lights are on then the amount doubles and if the 2 of them were in the room together and leave together then they both get fined. You would think mom telling them to turn lights off behind them and them doing it for so long that them forgetting would not all of a sudden happen but it did.
Truckerman and the boys cleaned out most of the porch for me today. I haven't seen the bottom of the closet in probably 4 years. Yup, that's right, it has been that long. I've asked that it get done, I've begged, I've even gotten mad and it never got done. I laid down the law and said that it was going to get done today, and low and behold, it is almost done!!! I'm so excited. And we also found some shoes that we forgot we had.
I also found out that I don't have to buy winter boots for the boys for a couple of years. A friend had sent the boys her kids boots that are in awesome shape. I'm so excited. I also had the boys try on their winter coats and Repete is still good with the one he wore last year and Pete is okay for right now and the ski pants still fit, so when we are in the city on Saturday I will take him to Value Village and see if there are any nice used coats. If not then I will check out at the store where mom and dad are and see if they have any. They did the last time I was there but that was a few months ago. Last year we bought Truckerman a Columbia 3 in 1 for only $25 and it was in great shape. Those coats are almost $200 through Sears. So I think we got a great deal.
So the only one that needs new boots is myself. I have a problem in that department. I need a pair of big heavy boots. Well to buy womens boots they are too tight in the leg that I cannot tuck in my pant legs and the toe area are usually too narrow for me as well. And to buy a mans boot they start in size 7 alot of the time and I would be a 6- 6.5. That makes things difficult for me. But I am determined to find just the right pair. I can do it!
Well I better get moving. I have another assignment due on Tuesday and I have not started yet and I won't even be home on Tuesday because of a Doctor's appointment in the city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home