Saturday, October 21, 2006

Argh!

Though we are slaves, our God has not deserted us in our bondage. Ezra 9:9

I dislike fruit flies! They seem to be everywhere. I had gotten rid of them earlier this September. I found a cure to getting rid of them. Well they for some reason are back. And as I write this there are 2 of them flying around me. That just makes me grumpy. You all want to know the trick to getting rid of them?
CHARDENNAY!!!
Yup, wine! But don't forget a couple drops of dish soap in a dish. It really works! Mom thought that fruit juice would work but sorry people it didn't work for her and it definately didn't work for me. I'm not sure if grandma used it. She was having some troubles too. I'm thinking they had to come off of something we all bought. I know this August and September was bad for alot of people that I know.
So today I will be off to buy a bottle of wine. Truckerman will not be able to drink any because of his meds. I'll have to save the remainder after killing the flies for his next days off.
Did you know that ants do not like cucumber peals? It is not just ants but also wasps, mites flies, and some other insects. I don't have a problem with ants so I haven't tried it. Sounds interesting. What I use for ants outside is a mixture of equal parts icing sugar and Borax. Mix that up, sprinkle a little over there homes, and within a couple of days, no more ants. Works really nicely and it is not bad for the environment.

2 Comments:

At 5:06 p.m., October 23, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had good success with apple cider vinegar.

 
At 3:26 p.m., October 24, 2006 , Blogger Kirken said...

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to try that one

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home