Sunday, June 10, 2007

No Bites

And He took them in His arms and blessed them, laying His hands on the them. Mark 10:16

We have had three viewings on our house so far and no bites as of yet. I have been very particular about the house lately and am driving the boys nuts. But it is so nice to have a clean house for once and for more then one day. Yes, I really do have a clean house, it is amazing. Now the goal is to try and keep it this way from now on.
Pete was supposed to have a soccer tournament today but I figured out that he isn't enjoying it that much so I asked if the boys would like to go to Grandpa's BBQ today instead. The answer was yes. So we went. I did have a chat with Pete about soccer and had my suspicions confirmed. The BBQ was by a mass grave site from the 1880's. It was a mass hanging and this is where the people were buried.
The tipee is over way the burial site is so people can see it.
Here is Pete and Repete with the head stone with all the names of the people that were hanged.

It was difficult trying to explain things surrounding the site because there is so much involved in it. I will have to take them to the Fort to show them things and to help explain the details. Hopefully Pete will take the history of it in school in the next few years because there is a lot of history there and it is a major part of Canadian history.

On other notes. The BBQ went well and I found out yet again that this is a small world. Dad had me pick up some buffalo burgers for supper and there is a couple from here that have awesome buffalo burgers and I had brought them for a family supper and dad really liked them. So anyways, I picked up 2 boxes and took them to my parents. At the BBQ dad and I were talking about where I had gotten them and it turns out that dad has known these people for years through shooting. Tonight when I talked to them they were excited and surprised to know that he was my dad. This keeps happening to me a lot. This world is getting smaller and smaller.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home