Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Christ Jesus [is]...our rightousness. 1 Corinthians 1:30


We went to the Relay for Life and had a good time. It is an all night (12 hour) relay walk for cancer. It is started off with a survivor lap around the track and then the teams. After that the teams all have to have at least one person on the track at all time. At 10 pm the luminary bags (in honour or memory of loved ones that have had cancer) are lit to light the track for the night.

We were able to walk with my Gramps who is a cancer survivor and we walked with a friend who is also a survivor (his wife was Pete's bus driver until she passed from cancer and then he was Pete's bus driver until he retired a couple of years ago).

Pete was happy to play and walk with his friend. The two of them are quite the pair. They had made some type of concoction to drink out of water and candies. They set up their chairs beside the track to try and give their drink to people passing by. Some people actually stopped and tried it and one person came back for more. They are brave souls.

Repte fell asleep by about midnight and after thinking about it I decided to pack it in at 3:30 am. My plans were to stay until the end but I had an essay to write so I decided to drive home. Pete was not a big fan of that but I'm the mom so what I say goes.

We are almost finished the renos we would be doing some now but the grass needs to be mowed. What else is new, eh?!

We had gotten a call on sunday to show the house yesterday morning. So we busted our hynnies to get the wall paper off the walls down stairs and get a coat of paint on them (Truckerman did that) and get the house cleaned up and more junk tossed out (while I finished my essay and cleaned). 15 minutes before the house was to be shown we got a call that the couples car had some problems (their tire fell off the car and wrecked the car) so they will have to come back a different day. OY!! Then we got a call to show the house at 5 pm (the call came at 4:10) and Truckerman was out of town so I ran around to open blinds, turn on lights, sweep, tidy a few things up and at 4:35 pm the phone rang, the person wanting to look at our house got called away to work and will have to reschedual. UGH!! Not again! I hope that this is not a trend. At least we know that there is at least 2 viewing going to happen in the next little bit. The houses in town are flying off the market, I hope this will happen in this case. So far I am nervous. Too many "What ifs?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home