Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions. 2 Timothy 4:3

Pete has been down with the flu since Monday. Repete and I went to the bigger city with a friend to pick up her brother from the airport. Thank goodness that Truckerman was home because Pete got sick in the morning at school. From what Pete figures there were about 16 of them sick that morning. That doesn't seem like much but the average class size is about 18 children per class and there is only 7 classes in the whole school.

The boys came home with a note saying that there is head lice again in the school. Everyone was hoping that it would have been contained over the Christmas holidays but I guess not. So far I know that it is not in the Kindergarten or the Grade 3 classes. I buzzed Repete's hair last night and am hoping to buzz Pete's hair tonight and then it should be too short for lice to take hold. I was also told and read that adding some tea tree oil to the shampoo will help repel the lice. So I bought a bottle of tea tree oil and have started adding it to their shampoo when they wash. I'll just use the rest for cleaning. I have found some recipes for all natural cleaners and air fresheners so I'll start doing that. I thought it will help to start using them because they are cheap to make and when we have no money when Truckerman is at school the items will be in our cupboards anyways so this will be a good thing.

I'm cheap as it is when it comes to certain things. I love No Name and any other store brand. Most things are the same as the brand name stuff anyways so why pay more. Plus when it is in Tupperware who is going to know? I know that the Safeway blue packs of bacon is the exact same thing as Maple Leaf and Burns bacon. How do I know this? I worked for Burns before it was Maple Leaf. So when buying bacon go cheap.

Today the temperature got to the freezing/melting point and was quite a nice day. This did not stop me from getting the truck stuck in the driveway. You wonder how. While backing up the snow was packing under the tires and there is a bit of a rise where we back up the truck from the snow and with it packing under the tires it made it pack into ice and all the tires would do was spin. Yet the car could back up no problem and there is more of a rise for it to go over. Thank goodness Truckerman had taken the cell with him when he had taken the car or Pete would have been stuck at school and Repete and I at home and we were all supposed to be a bowling.

The boys (well Truckerman and Repete are, Pete is doing up homework) are watching the All Star Hockey Game. I'm debating about joining them or studying. Hmm, what should I do? I really should get some stamping and scapbooking done and I would like to get ahead in my studies. I think I'll read a bit and then go and have some fun. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home