Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Quiet Time

Not to us, O Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness. Psalm 115:1

I went to the city today all by myself. It was so quiet and I got things done faster then usual so I just took my time because Cranky Momma's daughter was babysitting for me so I took advantage of the time alone. Plus I didn't feel right showing up at home at the same time as the kids and having to send her home without doing what she came to do.

The doctor said that the infection was gone but because of it was the cough and it would take some time to get over it so he gave me an inhaler to help me breathe better. It should take about a week to feel 100% again. Ya!! I really hope so.

I bought the boys Cars coloring books today and a Mater poster. They were pretty excited about it all that Repete sat in the middle of the floor and examined every page and Pete spent almost 2 hours coloring one page with the markers that came with it. I think that they might go out to the car so they can have activities to do when we go places. We always take things but it is just easier to just keep them out there instead of trying to find them when we need to. You think that would be so easy. Not in this household.

Last night I decided that since I was going to be in the city I would get some pictures developed. So I put the backup disk into the drive and it took 3.5 hours to load everything up. Something went haywire somewhere. Well anyhow, when I checked the pictures about 50 didn't come up and the ones that I needed were not on there. I realized that the date on the disk was the date it was loaded not the date of the last set of pictures. Not realizing that when we loaded pics up for the recovery I didn't do the ones for august because I thought that Truckerman had loaded them up too on the backup. I was wrong and now they are all gone. Imagine how happy I was after my computer freezing up 3 times and then taking so long to load and finding them not there and worst of all I can't retrieve anything off of the backup that I can tell. I'm not happy at all. Truckerman is going to have to figure it all out because if I try again I just might break something.

Speaking of the recovery, I finding more things that Truckerman is going to have to do when he gets home. There are things that are not working properly or needing updating. I found out that the recovery also switched all the drives around as well. So on top of being firey mad last night about everything else I had to figure out why the pictures that I could load on the memory stick wouldn't go to it. It kept saying that it was the wrong drive. EEERRR!!! I am much calmer now because of my quiet day. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home