Saturday, January 13, 2007

The rib that the Lord God had taken from the man He made into a woman. Genesis 2:22

At this present moment in time Truckerman is watching the Calgary Edmonton hockey game and is cheering because Calgary just scored again. :-) They are winning 3-1 in the 3rd. YA!!

He took the boys bowling tonight to make up for the games from Wednesday that they missed because of the storm. I stayed home so that they had some man time with dad and so I could also get my Business assignment finished and sent off (which I did).

I started reading some more of my Funeral Directing. UGH! This is going to be a tough semester. I'm really starting to realize how tough certain parts of this job are going to be. Maybe I should just be the embalmer and cremater. Then I really wouldn't have to deal with people at all and stay in my own little corner of the world. But then there is the thought that I could influence someone that doesn't know the Lord. This is really starting to hurt my brain. Maybe that is one reason I would prefer to live in a small town after Truckerman is finished Semenary because there is less diversity as one would call it.

Truckerman installed pretty much everything that needed to be installed back into the computer and most things are working as should be except one little thing to do with our dial up (yes I said dial up...we live out of town and I'm not paying the fee to have high speed to be brought out here when we are moving anyways...if we were not then we would have paid for it). Truckerman will sort that out in the next couple of days and then all should be well. I did find out that I erased a CD that I listen to on the computer so I will have to rip it again so I will be able to hear it on here.

So things are almost back to normal if normal is what you would call this house hold. LOL So now I have to just get back into the groove of studying and getting the rest of this household cleaned and fixed. What fun! :-P

3 Comments:

At 4:51 p.m., January 14, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kirken, thank you for the trouble you're going through with your studies. You will be serving many people well.

We were at a friend's wedding. His wife is a funeral director, and we ended up at a table at the reception with all her school-friends. They told me that I had the kind of sense of humor that would serve me well as a funeral director. (So, is that a compliment or an insult? LOL.) I've thought about going into that after the kids are grown, but the thought of the diversity that you mention scares me.

But I can assure you that, if you are willing to let the pastors take the lead and go about their rites without interference, just helping with your part of it, there will be untold pastors thanking God for you and telling their wives they LOVE it when their parishioners choose the funeral home where you work! Funeral directors who want to "run the show" and think they know what the pastor's rites are like (even if the pastor disagrees) are a thorn in pastors' sides.

So thank you for what you're doing!

 
At 7:44 p.m., January 14, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the compliment. Our friend (he's a pastor) told me to put down in my assignment that I should go by what the pastor wants. I completely agree with that because it is there job to decide what goes on where they work and we should not dictate to them what we think that they should do. We don't want people to dictate how we do our jobs so we should not do that to them either. Check out Kelly's Blog to the side she has a really great blog about weddings and funerals in the Lutheran Church that you should look at.

 
At 6:36 a.m., January 15, 2007 , Blogger Marie N. said...

Best wishes with your studies!

From what I understand, thistle is a tough weed to eliminate without chemical treatments because the send out six-foot runners under ground - yikes! If you are moving anyway, I would not bother :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home