Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Calming down

The wind has changed directions again. It has changed a few times today causing snow drifts all over the yard. I didn't realize how deep they really were until I physically went out there and stepped into the snow. In some places I think it is almost up to my hips (I'm 5' tall). Other places are mid thigh and some areas there is very little. The bus is definatley not entering the driveway tomorrow unless it is plowed first.

My father-in-law called at supper time and he has not had power since 9am. Luckily he has a gas stove in the living room and a cistern in the basement for water because things would have been ugly if there wasn't. The power company finally had made it out there but had to call a plow to come in to get the crew to the area that needed to be fixed. Hopefully they can get things going soon so they can have light tonight.

Truckerman said that the roads where he is are getting better but there are quite a few vehicles in the ditches and there are people that are being very reckless out there. I have to think that Truckerman is in the semi and it is big and he can drive because he has been doing it a long time, it the other people on the road that make me nervous because they think that they can do whatever they want and that is what gets people into accidents. He told me that he was driving the speed limit and some guy passed him going up a hill on a solid line. What are people thinking when they do things like that? I just don't get it.

1 Comments:

At 9:41 a.m., January 11, 2007 , Blogger Marie N. said...

All this is coming my way, just in time for DH to leave for a business trip to Florida.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home