Friday, January 12, 2007

Getting Done

The voice of the Lord is powerful; the voice of the Lord is majestic. Psalm 29:4

Crankymomma called me today to tell me that our disk drive is here. YA! Actually it is here sooner then expected which pleases me alot. Truckerman came home today so the drive will be replaced tomorrow. So then all the other things that need to be installed will be. The only problem is that I will be kicked out of my office for some time. I'll just have to push my way back in to finish the assignment that I had started.

The thing that I learned from this assignment. I am not the type to succeed at being an Entrepeneur. Like I didn't know that already but I still have to take this class. It shall be interesting that is for sure.

I had to call the doctor today and he called in a perscription for Repete for his ear because it is taking so long to clear up. Hopefully we should see a difference tomorrow or the next day.

I have to go in and see the doctor because I am getting bad again with my infection. Going out in this weather with or without a scarf is causing me problems.

My parents went to Calgary, AB today to see Cookie and to visit some people that they had met with vacationing this summer. They are also going to see David Copperfield while they are there. Cookie bought them tickets to see him for Christmas. We had gone and seen him quite a few years ago and he really puts on a great show. Mom and Dad are really excited about going. I hope that they have a great time. They diserve it.

I'm having some trouble with my Funeral Directors course that I am currently taking. It is on the different funeral practices of different religions, non-religions, and cultures. I am finding quite a few things that are wrong and quite a few things that are not really clear or left out. What really gets me is the fact that certain religions are classified under Christian Denominations when clearly they are the furthest thing from being so. I had to call the Anglican Minister in town to clear up a few things for me and to tell me what was correct and what was not. I also called a couple of Pastor friends that are Pastors in the LCC and they helped clear a few things up for me because there were things that I was correct in believing were so far fetched and help me find what was wrong in what was written. I was surprised to find that it said that usually a Lutheran Minister will not do any Litergical readings when they do a funeral service in a Funeral Home Chapel. I don't know an LCC Pastor that would do that. And is this not wrong to do since they are supposed to serve God and a Lutheran Funeral would be a Church Service regardless of where it was performed so is it not the responsibility of the Pastor to read the Word of God in the service. I need to email my teacher and clarify a few things with her about all of this. Actually, one of the other students called me today and said that she noticed some things that were wrong as well, so I am not the only one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home