Thursday, January 18, 2007

Funny things

You are the Christ, the Son of the living God. Matthew 16:16

I am just taking a break from doing my Funeral Directing assignment. :-P The first question is worth 100 marks and consists of telling the similarities and differences of the Anglican, Lutheran, Roman Catholic, United, Mormon, Mennonite and Hutterite services. I just fried some of my brain cells doing this one. I talked to my instructor tonight and it looks like I was on the right track for my assignment.

When we go to the big city I am to call her to go out for coffee the one night we are there. That will be nice. She really wants me to move there right away. Hopefully she can get me a job where she works. It is the largest private funeral home there and it pays well. I've also heard that it is a good place to work.

Pete told Uncle One Eye a joke a Christmas. It is quite funny I just have to tell it. Okay here it goes.
Pete: What do you find in an empty nose?
Uncle: What do you find up an empty nose?
Pete: Finger prints!

Pretty good for a 8 year old.

I just remembered I was supposed to have told the story that my parents and grandparents told me at my birthday. Well I think I am going to tell you tonight. So here it goes.

This happened when my Aunt Sharp Shooter was about 9 and I was about 4 and my Uncle One Eye was about 18. It was Halloween and Aunt SS stayed in town with us to go Trick or Treating. Before we were to go to the farm mom and dad had a disagreement over something so dad was grumpy. Remember that 20 + years ago we did not use car seats and all of us would piled into the vehicle.

Well we had a orange and white Dodge pickup and there was mom, dad, my aunt, my brother and myself in the front. Dad had put my aunt's wheelchair in the back (we were in an accident when she was 6 and I was 1 and she ended up paralized from the midchest down). When he did this he didn't fold it up just put it in and forgot to put the breaks on.
We left for the farm which is only about 10 miles from town, and on the way there someone was flashing his lights at dad and waving at him. Well, with him being in a bad mood he thought that they were just being rude to him and he flashed them the bird (this is so out of character for my dad).

When we got to the farm we come to find out that the person flashing his lights was only trying to tell us that the chair had fallen out the back. So dad had to go back and find it.
Uncle One Eye decided that he was going to carry Aunt SS to the house. As he was going up the steps he was exerting himself and his false eye popped out and rolled away.

Dad came back with the chair and it was bent up and so auntie was out her chair and my uncle was out his eye.

After about 1.5 hours of looking in the dark they did finally find the eye and all was better.

Anyone out there have funny stories to tell? I'd love to hear about it. I have plenty more where that one can from. I have a cool family but they are clumsy and have done some funny things. I'll have to tell the story about my Gramps, his brother, their teacher, and a snake. That one will have to be for another day.

3 Comments:

At 7:13 p.m., January 19, 2007 , Blogger Marie N. said...

That's quite a story!

I'll have to check into the alter cloth pattern - to see if it is complete. There were pages missing from the book. I can send a photocopy of what I have. My email link is on my profile page.

 
At 8:35 p.m., January 19, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks that would be great I'll email when I get the chance

 
At 9:41 p.m., January 19, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That just cracks me up.They were looking for his eyeball in the dark. LOL.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home