Monday, January 29, 2007

Baking

I will praise you, O Lord, with all me heart; before the "gods" I will sing your praise. I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word. When I called, you answered me; you made me bold and stouthearted. Psalm 138:1-3

I am feeling better. I do have a few places that are still sore but there are less sore spots than not.

I got great news today. I found out that I will be able to use my hours and embalmings for my hours that I need to get licensed. Plus I can do my practicum here. That is such a relief. I was so excited that I called Truckerman right away to tell him and then I called one of the girls in my class to tell her. She was just as excited as I was. This helps so much.

With everything the last couple of years that has gone on I really see the hand of God working. Things have been working out and all the hurdles are being made smooth. This is the road that the Lord intended for Truckerman and I.

Today I noticed how brown the bananas on the counter were becoming. This had me thinking I better make something out of them. Normally I would make Double Chocolate Banana Muffins (they are awesome and don't last very long) or Banana Bread. I wanted to do something different when I remembered I had a recipe for Chocolate Banana Cookies. I went looking for the recipe and not remembering which cookbook it was in I pulled out The Great Big Cookie Book. Mom had given it to me a coupl years ago and I have made a couple recipes out of it but never think of looking for new ones when I go to bake. So I started looking in the book at different things and tonight after the boys go to bed I am going to make the banana cookies (the recipe was in a different cookbook) and I am going to make Saskatoon Cinnamon Bun Muffins (this will be the first time making them), Apple Cinnamon Muffins (these ones I have made and they are really good), and Raspberry Muffins (this will be a first for these ones too). I am hoping that they all turn out. I plan on freezing most of them that Truckerman can take them to work and the boys for school as well.

I will change the recipes a bit. I refuse to bake with white flour and so I use only whole wheat flour. I also will cut the sugar to 1/2 or 3/4s of what is called for in the recipe and I do not add any salt that is called for. No one seems to notice me doing this and the taste is still just as good. This makes the muffins much healthier for us and what the kids don't know won't hurt them. ;-)

So I better get the boys off the bed and get baking.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home