Wednesday, November 08, 2006

What's with the Roads?

Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. Psalm 1:1-2



Wow, look what we awoke to this morning! This is the highway to town just before supper. Not much has been cleared yet and probably won't be done for a couple of days. We are not going to go there on that one or about the fact that our driveway has not been cleared yet for the bus.

Before it snowed it had rained, and rained it did. Not just a sprinkle but rain. So needless to say, the roads are horrible. I got stuck in the driveway but was able to get out but had to have Truckerman make a trail so I could see where the driveway was to get out.

Town is another story. They are pure ice. Between the ice and the the snow packed on top of it the corners are not the funnest expirience today.

I had a funeral to work today. I had to drive the lead car to the church. Well, I got the car stuck on the street. When this happened I happened to notice the town grader sitting sideways in the street. Behind me comes up the loader and 2 dump trucks. I come to find out that the grader is stuck. The grader operator hoped into the loader and proceeds to drive toward the grader and tries to stop. He slid and just missed the grader and slid into the curb. This happened over and over. One time while I sat in the car and waited for my boss, the loader almost hit the car. That was then that I exited the car and went to the end of the street. The one truck operators got into the car to help move it and almost hit the truck. My boss by this time was about the have a bird. But all is good and no one and no vehicles got hurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home