Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Ouch!

The Lord will march out like a mighty man, like a warrior He will stir up His zeal; with a shout He will raise the battle cry and will triumph over His enemies. Isaiah 42:13

I did not know that it had rained until I went out to start the car this morning. And how did I find out that it had rained? I slid across the deck. While doing this I stubbed my toe, pulled some muscles on the left side of my back and my left shoulder. That was a fun ride! NOT! I'm not feeling to bad now.

I had the scare of my life today. I'll start at the beginning so all will understand the circumstances.

At 3:14pm I received a call from Pete from school. He was wondering if he was to come home on the bus or go to the bowling alley with his friends for the birthday party. I could hear Repete in the background and thought, "I sure hope he doesn't miss the bus." Well, at the time I was doing some things for my Christmas cards and didn't hear the bus at the end of the driveway at 3:30pm.

At 3:33pm I realized what time it was and that Repete was not home. I paniced and went and checked all the windows to see if he was wondering around the yard. I didn't see him and I could not see the bus coming thinking maybe it was running late. I tried to call the school and there was no answer. I tried calling the bus driver and there was no answer there. Now I am really starting to panic. Then I tried the school again and someone answers and they went and got Repete's teacher. She tells me that she had personally put Repete on the bus that day. I think "Okay, maybe the bus driver forgot to drop him off. It has happened before with Pete." So I call the bus driver again and he says that he dropped him off and he was running down the driveway when he pulled away. I hung up an the poor man as I went running out of my house in complete panic.

There sitting on the step for the last 10 minutes was Repete playing with the cat. Where he had been sitting I could not see him. I burst into tears and that scared Repete that he started to cry. I had to explain to him that he was to come into the house before he goes to play with the cat so mommy knows where he is.

That is the worst feeling and I never want to feel like that again. It was bad enough have had to spend 3 weeks away from the boys and Truckerman but to think that someone took one of them absolutely terrified me.

On a cheerier note. We had a congregational supper tonight. The food was great! There was so much food and it all tasted awesome! Truckerman, Repete, and I took home some for lunch tomorrow. There was so much ham left that everyone was able to take some home so Pete is going to have some on a sandwich in his lunch which he is excited about.

Truckerman is still there because it is the Annual meeting tonight. I should actually be there but I had to get the boys home and get them into the tub. Pete also had to study his spelling for tomorrow and I had to get my assignment finished and sent tonight. That is all done! YA!! Now I have a bit of a break for the next week. I do have some reading and I would like to get ahead of things, but I dan't have to be so rushed about it. That is a nice feeling.

I received a really nice compliment from the lady that I work for in town. It really makes a person feel good when they are making others happy and that is what I did. I really enjoy working for these people and they have been good to me. I am truly going to miss them when we have to leave.

I talked to one of my instructors tonight. She has been an instructor of mine since the beginning of the first year. I really enjoy talking to her. She was asking me how things were going and how I liked working in the funeral homes and how I was handling it. I was thinking about it today before we had talked and I realized that I really enjoy what I am doing. People look at me funny when I say that I like this stuff. But it is true, I do enjoy it. The studying maybe not so much but the hands on stuff it great.

I'm going to head off and make some more Christmas cards. And then I need to go to bed for it is a long day tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home