Saturday, November 04, 2006

A full day

Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you belive in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy. 1 Peter 1:8

This morning we got up early and went to the city. I dropped the boys off at my parents and went and helped out at an emblaming. I know this sounds strange but I actually enjoy doing this. I look at it as helping out the deceased and the deceased family and friends.

Aterwards I stopped by Tim Hortons and got mom a coffee, dad a muffin, Truckerman some donuts, and the boys some Timbits.

I talked to a friend of mine, Cinnamon, whom I haven't talked to in a long time. I really miss chatting with her and Danny. We started talking about the chat room that we used to go into and were wondering where all our trucker friends and their families are. It's sad to think that these people that we chatted with on here, chatted on the phone with, and some we have actually met have lost touch. Many of them kept me company when Truckerman was gone working. I miss them.

As I have mentioned in my last post about the paper that I have to write. UGH! I'm having trouble getting through the reading. That is why I am on here, I needed a break from it. I just want to cry! Some of it makes me want to get sick. I found out some new things about stem cell research that I was unaware of and now in some ways wish that I did not know. Did you know that they have people that go to abortion clinics (they call themselves "harvesters") and after the woman gives permission to let her aborted fetus to go to stem cell research, the "harvester" go and takes the fetus and cuts it apart (called disecting) and sends the different body parts (in the book they call it tissue) to the different labs. Reading this shocked me and revolted me. One thing that I did agree with in the book is that it mentioned that Anti-abortionists that with the fetus going to research the woman can justify what she is doing and feel less guilty about her decision.

I am now on the right-to-die debate. I'm not even going to start on this one. I'd be here all night and really need to get my reading done. And I need to get to sleep early because we have church early in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home