Saturday, October 28, 2006

Long Day

As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. John 15:19

We got up extra early this morning to go to the city for Truckerman to attend the Hymnal Seminar. He really enjoyed it and it will help him in the future when it comes to seminary and when he goes to his first call. He enjoyed it so much that he's been talking about it since I picked him up.
While he was at the seminar, I took Pete and Repete to Value Village to see if we could find Pete a winter coat. I found one that is in great shape and should fit him next year as well for only $3.99. I think that is an awesome deal. I also bought him some sweat shirts and pants and of course Repete needed to get a couple of shirts (even though he really didn't need them) but for a couple dollars I said yes. Everything came to $22 and some change. I love deals like that!
We went to the Christian book store and I picked up an Arch book for Pete (Repete decided that he didn't want a book this time. SHOCKING!!) and then I remembered that we have Operation Christmas Child to buy for. So I picked up a couple more books and a couple small things. When I got to the till and paid for my things the lady gave me a gift certificate for $25 plus the GST. I was excited that I gave it to Truckerman to get something.
We then went to that new dollar store next to the book store called Dollarama. Everything is a dollar or less. So I picked up some card and scrapbooking things and the rest of my Christmas Child stuff.
After we picked up Truckerman we went to pick up our friend's daughter and took her out for lunch. I hope her little sister doesn't get upset that her sister got to see the boys. She and Pete are friends and they email and write letters back and forth and enjoy playing with each other.
After we dropped her off at her appartment we went back to the Christian book store and Truckerman used his certificate to buy a CD.
Then we went back to Value Village to see if there were overcoats for Truckerman but they were either to small or not the kind that he wanted.
So it was off to the mall to get a cell phone. Yes people, we bought a cell phone. I need one for work next fall and there has been times in the last few months that I could have used one. So now I have one. It's even a picture phone. I never thought in a million years that I would get one of those. Now I have to read the book to actually be able to use the dang thing. Ugh, more reading!
We went to the mens clothing store and picked up an overcoat for Truckerman, so he is happy now. I think that it needs a belt for it. That wouldn't be too hard to make and put on. I just need to find the time.
I am now going to go and vegg out because I am too tired to do anything else. I am even having trouble trying to spell and type this thing out.
Well nitey nite everyone.

3 Comments:

At 1:58 p.m., October 29, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dollarama rocks.

 
At 2:24 p.m., October 29, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

They need a bigger store at the place I was at. In Calgary there is a store called the Mega Dollar Store. I fell in love with it. Dollar stores were the best idea ever. :-)

 
At 9:12 p.m., October 29, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never heard of the Dollarama store. I'll have to go there next time we're in the city.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home