Friday, November 10, 2006

Burrr!!!!

I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts. Psalm 119:45

We had some flurries today and tonight the wind is blowing and there is some snow. The highway is not much better then that last couple of days. I watched the highway people tonight drive by doning nothing! The driveways should be full by morning. So I will not be going anywhere tomorrow until the neighbors have plowed through the snow with their vehicles. Maybe buying the small car that we did right now was not the best idea. To late now.

Truckerman made it to work safely. He says that most of the areas that he will be hauling did not receive that much snow and the roads are pretty good. That makes less worrying for me.

The boys are watching Over the Hedge tonight. It seems like a cute movie. Some of the voices are driving me nuts and I have to wait until the end of it to find out who played what character.

Boy did I get alot done today. I have wash 4 loads of laundry, I will be putting in #5 after this is finished being typed. I have cooked up 2/3's of a giant pumpkin to freeze for Christmas baking. I helped Truckerman get ready for work (that consists of cutting up veggies and other food for him). Thank goodness for plug-in-coolers and pug-in-ovens for the trucks, saves us alot of money and he can take frozen leftovers to work with him and he is getting a warm healthy meal as well. Plus nothing gets wasted on top of it.

Back on to the things that I did. I did some tidying around the house. And had some quiet time while the boys had a nap. Pete did not sleep well last night and was up early and Repete is sick, so I made them lay down. Partly for their sake and partly for mine because of Repete's whining (he gets like that when he is sick and I'm not fond of whining at all, and because Pete has been very disrespectful and disobedient the last few days. I am thinking that he turns his brain off when he gets off the bus and turns it back on when he leaves again. That is the only thing that makes sense lately) So I had some nice quiet time for myself, which was much needed.

I can tell that it is starting to get dry here. This time of year is really hard on my hands. It is so bad that my hands literally get so dry that they start to crack and bleed. And I am allergic to all hand and body creams. That includes Hydros Emulsifying Ointment which is that base for lotions. But my mom found this balm and gave it to me and I love it! It is this balm
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?c=1&p=45816&cat=2,42551 and it works like magic. It is the only thing I have found that helps with my dry like sandpaper elbows. The 2 oz tin lasts a very long time and everything in it is natural. It consists of castor oil, olive oil, beewax, aloe vera, and essential oils. Some may have a few different things but that is the things in all. I have a 1 oz container of mint, and a 2 oz container of sweet birch and you can also get a 1 oz of cinnamon. I'm not sure what other kinds that there are. So if you have trouble with lotions and want to try a natural product this is what you need. I am so happy that I found it. No more dry, cracked, bleeding hands! YA!!!!!!



2 Comments:

At 8:07 p.m., November 10, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the advice. It never gets so cold in London but I easily get cold!

 
At 12:05 a.m., November 11, 2006 , Blogger Kirken said...

Mary,
Glad to see you. :) I'm glad to help. God bless,
Kirken

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home