Sunday, April 01, 2007

Waste of my time...I think

There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12

Truckerman and I are very tired people. Since he came home we have done nothing but run.

I have made numerous trips to town and run around the house cleaning, fixing, and renovating. He has done the same except the running to town bit.

We busted our butts and tried to get all the things on our lists done but that never happened. We did manage to get a lot finished but there is so much more to do. The sad thing is we did so much and there is no room that is finished completely.

The people came to look at the house. I'm not sure why we busted our butts for them. They had some pretty lame excuses as to why they didn't want it. How is a 1250 sq. foot main floor and a 1150 sq. foot basement that is finished be small. They want to go bigger then what they have right now which is just over 900 sq. feet and they thought that we had that. Pardon me?! We have over twice as much space. I'm still shaking my head on that one. What a waste of my time.

I had called the realtor about a price and she is excited that we will be listing because there is a lack of acreages and a lack of 3 bedroom homes right now. The problem that we have is that we don't want to move until the end of June at the earliest because of the boys and school. If we had to put our things in storage then that is what we would have to do. I just don't want to have to find a place to rent because there is a lack of houses to rent at the moment and I would like that boys to finish out the school year here with their friends.

I am not overly worried about selling the house at the moment because I know that this is what needs to be done to do what God wants us to do and He will take care of it for us. I'm just worried about getting all the work done because the more work that we get done it seems the more we find to do so the lists get bigger and bigger.

Yesterday after the people looked at the house, we all went to the city to get a few things and to just get away from the house. We stopped at mom and dad's and they offered to keep the boys while we did our shopping. That was really nice. It seemed that half of our liitle town was there yesterday. We saw the boys bus driver and Cranky Momma and her brood were there as well among others that we knew. After we were finished getting our things we went back to my parents and had supper with them and my grandma. Two nights in a row that I didn't have to made supper! Wow that is so nice!

We found a couple of shirts at the Walmart that we picked up for the boys for their Easter presents. We gave them to the boys last night because they will be staying at my parents for Easter and Truckerman will be away when I take them to my parents.Plus we don't do the easter bunny thing so we don't feel guilty about giving them their treats early. We just have to remind them not to say anything to their friends about it. I also found them a pack of 3 dvd's of 62 old cartoons for $5. It has Popeye, Superman, Casper, Mighty Mouse, ect. The boys think it is great and they watched some of the one today.

I think I might have to go to the Border City tomorrow to get some things that we were unable to get yesterday. We had found a really nice desk at Staples for a great price and the store do not carry furniture. We really need a computer desk because at the moment we are using my brother's dining room table because it is bigger then the desks we have and we are storing the table for him we might as well use it. But it is not working well for us, mainly for me and my school work, and Truckerman will need a better desk for his school work this fall. The one that we found is an L shape and is a really great price. So if I go and get it then I will get the remaining things that we need to get this house into order like paint, and all the little minor things needed for those minor repairs.

Oh ya, the floor is coming along and is looking good. Once it was laid it looks like a slate pattern, I really like it alot and wish we had done this a long time ago. To late now I guess. ;-)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:18 a.m., April 02, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can list now but stipulate that you can't give the house for possession until June/July. If the housing market's strong enough, you'll be able to sell anyway.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home