Sunday, March 04, 2007

Busy Weekend

And David said, "The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of the Philistine." 1 Samuel 17:37



We went away this weekend to do some things. Thursday we left because Truckerman had received 2 free tickets to a hockey game. His cousin was supposed to go but got sent up north to work so Pete went with him instead.

Here he is standing behind the players bench.















Friday night Truckerman took both boys to a Lacrosse game courtesy of mom.
Here is the game.










Here is the mascot dancing at half time. They all said that it was a really neat half time.














This is one of the mascots with the boys.














Saturday the boys stayed with Candi for the day while Truckerman and I toured Concordia University College (he was accepted for the fall) and Concordia Lutheran Seminary. She and Truckerman's cousin Susie took Susie's son and the boys to the West Edmonton Mall to Gallaxyland. Repete is seen here playing. And then they went to Kidtropolis. I had never heard of anything like it until last week while reading Homestead Lutheran Academy where her children went to Wannado City. It is the same concept. The boys all had a blast.








Truckerman and I had attended another open house at the seminary and each time it has really helped calm my fears about us leaving here and having to go to the city. God is really working in our lives and making things work according to His plan.
Neat thing to add, Truckerman's cousin and her son and boyfriend attended church with us this morning and they plan on going again. The Holy Spirit has been working in her to start attending church and to have her son learn who God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are. Place pray for her that she listens to the Holy Spirit.

7 Comments:

At 11:27 p.m., March 04, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I guess I can't convince you guys to move to St Catharines and have Truckerman go to the better seminary, eh? ;-)

 
At 5:18 p.m., March 05, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-)LOL We have looked at other places but CLS is the closest to home and I will only be able to get licensing in Saskatchewan or Alberta when I am finished my courses. :-P

Can we convince you to take a call closer to here. LOL

 
At 5:31 p.m., March 06, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a big change moving to the city to study, my family and I did it and we are now serving in our first parish. We moved from a remote mining town of 3500 to a city of just over a million people. I found it to be an important part of our family growing together as I studied. Besides that we got to learn how to play ice hockey while we were there!!! (couldn't do that in the desert) You are all in my prayers even though we're on the other side of the world!

 
At 10:49 a.m., March 11, 2007 , Blogger Ritewinger said...

Rev.A.K.
Somebody needs to keep the liberals in line, may as well be me!!

 
At 10:45 p.m., March 12, 2007 , Blogger R. Schremmer said...

Hmm... are you the Klages who has a daughter attending Concordia University College of Alberta? If so, I've seen her more than a few times studying in CLS! ;)

- Roger

 
At 10:55 p.m., March 12, 2007 , Blogger R. Schremmer said...

Kirken & Truckerman,
   Glad that you and your little tykes could come down for a visit---especially Bethlehem Lutheran on Sunday. It was a real treat to have both you and your relatives worship with us that Sunday! Hopefully we'll see each other again when you visit us in the fall---and hopefully we'll see your relatives again before then! ;)

- Roger

 
At 11:19 a.m., March 13, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Roger! It was great to see you again. We are actually going to be there again at the end of April for a baptism. Pr. Klages and his wife are just expecting the first little one here soon :-) Truckerman's cousin wants to find a Lutheran Church that has Sunday School during the service (good luck finding that, eh?!) I explained to her that the kids should learn how to sit and to learn and participate in the service like the rest of us. They have to in school. Plus is it really fair to the people that are teaching that they should have to miss out on the service? If we did that here I might as well stay home and teach the boys here since normally they are the only ones there and I am the only one who is willing to teach (the others say that they did this for their kids and the kids afterwards they don't want to do it anymore, really far for my boys) Because I am the only teacher I miss out on Bible Study and that is a shame since the only other one we have is the ladies one and that one is definately not for me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home