Friday, February 23, 2007

Snowing again

The Lord... is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

It snowed yesterday but not alot. Last night it was so windy and the power kept going out. I'm just thankful that it was not overly long here. Some places were almost 24 hours without power. Today it was blowing and snowing and then just snowing, alot!

The bus driver refused to come into the yard so Pete had to run to the highway to get onto the bus. Thank goodness that he turned the bus around so that Pete did not have to go across the highway because some IDIOT didn't stop for the bus. I am getting quite annoyed with that that I am going to start standing on the side of the road and start writing down their plate numbers and call them into the police. If the bus driver had not turned around and Pete had walked across he could have been hurt.

Anyhow, the neighbor got stuck twice, I got stuck and Truckerman got stuck. The neighbors husband pulled her out both times. I, well I made it about 5 feet and got stuck. Truckerman had to get me out and then proceeded to drive out to the highway and I had to run out there to get into the truck to go and get milk and veggies from the store. It is quite the hike to the highway when there is so much snow. It doesn't help that I have short legs.

When I got home I parked the truck behind my car so Truckerman could turn it around which was a good thing, well, we didn't realize how deep the snow was at first and when Truckerman realized he decided to back down the driveway to turn it around in the neighbors. Good idea until the front end of the truck got sucked into the drift on the edge of the lawn. OOPS!!

I wish I had taken a picture after this because we called someone we knew to help pull out the truck, well, they managed to get the back end pushed into the drift and Truckerman was on an angle and had to climb across the seat to get out. It took quite a bit to get it out and when they did they had pulled it back to where we park and it got suck there. What an ordeal!

It is not stuck now thank goodness. And Truckerman made it safely to work. I am not leaving my house until the yard is plowed because there is no way that my car is ever going to make it out of here. This doesn't bother me because I have all that I need now to last me a bit and the plow will eventually come. But my only concern is how to get to church on Sunday morning. We will have to figure out a way.

I have a leak in my basement that is slowly getting bigger, I just hope that it doesn't get to much before Truckerman gets home. We have a good idea which pipe is leaking and there is a pail under it so hopefully it holds for a bit. I'm just glad that we haven't replaced the ceiling tile yet or we would have been doing that again.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home