Monday, February 12, 2007

Contradictions

Since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 5:1

I have been doing my Funeral Directing course and it is really starting (well, it has been bothering me since day one) to bother me.

The stuff that I am reading is about funeral arrangements and how to go about doing it and what needs to be discussed and what ideas the funeral director can give to the family of the deceased.

The section I was reading had different things that were to be discussed and one was music. I was happy to read that it said that some clergy have ideas about what is to be played during a service and that should be honoured. Ya for that one! But then I turn the page to another section and it reads that the funeral should be about memorilizing the deceased and that the funeral service is about the family and what they want and need.

This is what bothers me. Okay, if the funeral is not done a clergy member fine do what you want, but if it is done in the church then no you can not do whatever you want it is not your place to tell the minister what you want and how he is to perform his job. Do you want someone to come up to you and tell you what to do at your job? I think not!

I am finding this harder and harder to deal with. Truckerman told me to just do what I need to do to pass the course and then forget it all. Easier said than done. What if I go to a funeral home and that is their policy, what do I do then? This sucks.

I have read a couple blogs in the last little while that have touched on this topic of people telling clergy what they want regardless if it does not follow the ways of the church.
  • One Pastor...Ablog!
  • talks about how he refused someone a song that they wanted to sing and the person freaked out and then they called him the next day and said that his services were not needed.
  • Kelly's Blog
  • talks about weddings and funerals and how people are trying to tell the minister how to do his job. Both of these have really good points and people need to stop and take it all in and realize what is going on when it comes to funerals and weddings lately.

    Labels: ,

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home