Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Down but not out

Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up. James 4:10

I was feeling pretty down this morning and early afternoon. I'm not exactly sure why, well it is a bunch of little things that brought me down. One thing is it feels like I am alone here in bloggerland. No one seems to be commenting so I feel like there is no one coming by here except for 3 of my friends and Truckerman.

But the biggest thing is my house. It always seems to look like a bomb went off in every single room. There is not a room that doesn't look like a disaster. The bathroom is the closest to being clean. That room is the room I think I will finish cleaning. I had started to clean it but I got sidetracked. That is usually what happens. I think I am going to go through all the cupboards and start weeding through the things and get rid of what is expired out of the medications, and if it is not being used and is not an essential, like bandaides, etc. then it is going into the garbage. Then I will wipe everthing down and then 1 of my goals will get done.

I have set goals for myself. That helped perk me up along with a chat with a girl in my class. I have decided that if I wanted to lose weight (more like needing to lose weight) and have a clean house then I need to set goals for myself and follow through on them.

I have started a journal again which helps me see what is going on in my life and helps to keep me motivated. I had kept a food/life journal before when I had lost weight but quit it when I fell down the stairs at church and could not exercise until my leg healed. It took so long that I ended up quitting everything and got lazy again. I have tryed to pick it up again but was never really successful at keeping it up. But today something made things click. I'm not possitive to exactly what it was I'm thinking it was a number of different factors. But I think this time it is going to work. I really hope it works.

I have decided to set a number of goals but there is only 2 long term goals that I have for myself. I have set mid term goals, monthly goals, weekly goals, and then daily goals. I think that all the types of goals that I am setting will help with each other and make the long term goal not seem so hard to reach.

As long as I have the support from Truckerman, the boys, and my family and friends then I think I can do this. This just made me realize that I forgot someone in this group and I haven't been doing well in this area in a very long time. What helped me with things was my time with God doing devotions. I have been negligant in this area for a while now and I need this time. It refuels me for the day and helps to keep me focused on Him and on everything else that needs attention.

It is amazing how spending that time with Him helps in all different areas everyday and when getting out of spending that time really brings you down. I complained in a recent entry how spending an hour a week is nothing but yet I couldn't even spend 10 minutes a day with God. How hypocritical am I?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 6:27 p.m., March 01, 2007 , Blogger Susan said...

>>alone here in bloggerland

Not alone. Just some of us reading quickly and without responding so that we can get our blog fix, and then hustle back to doing our duty with housework and kiddoes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home