Monday, April 02, 2007

Safe and Sound

There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12

This morning we woke to snow covering everything. The highway hotline said that there were some icy patches and when I went to town the road was just wet and sloppy. So much for my car staying clean. ;-)

So off I went to the Boarder City with Repete, Cranky Momma and her son. Things were going just fine when after about 45 minutes the snow was sticking to the roads making us have to travel a little slower. That is fine until we were stopped on a hill 25 minutes from our destiation because of an accident. We sat for about 15 minutes when we were finally let through. Not sure what happened there because there was no sign of an accident that we could see. Must have been minor we hope.

We got to the city and I got our new desk! YA!!! I can't wait for Truckerman to come home to help put it together. This will help make studying so much better. I can lay out my books and work on the computer and not have to move things all the time. And I also can leave them out when I want a break instead of having to mark where I left off and put them all away in case someone else wanted to use the computer. I'm so excited!!

We went to Walmart and I picked up a handhelp shampooer. Yes we bought a big one on Saturday but this one will do stairs and furniture so we decided to buy it. We had looked at one saturday and I found this one for half the price and it has a rotating brush where the other on doesn't. It is a Dirt Devil and it is just like those hand vacs but a shampooer. I sure hope it works well.

I found the first Miranda Lambert CD for Truckerman. I have been looking in the Walmart where mom and dad live but haven't been able to find it and now I have. He is happy that I have finally found it. It actually is pretty good. Truckerman will say that the cover looks good too. LOL

At Walmart I got the rest of the paint and primer that I need to do the rest of the house. Wow did that take a long time. The colors that I had chosen most worked out to be pretty close to the paint chips except the color for the diningroom and living room walls. It was so off that they couldn't figure out how to fix it. So I ended up taking on can instead of two and am going to use it for something else and am going to use the lighter color instead. But them the first can of that worked and the second can is off. Not sure how that happened. So Cranky Momma's husband gave me a pail to mix the two together to get one color. What a hassle to get paint. OY! Oh well, it will all work out in the end, I hope.

This week is going to be a busy one. Today to the city, tomorrow help out in the Kindergarten room in the afternoon (Repete's class) and then Pete has piano lesson after school. Wednesday Pete has a piano practise on the piano that will be used for the music festival after school. Thursday is church in the evening (I hope that I will be able to go). Friday is well, Good Friday. I will be going to another place 45 minutes from here for service in the morning (ours is in the afternoon) then I have to be at the farm (my grandparent's) by 1:30pm the latest to color Easter eggs and then Grandma has a treasure hunt for all the kids around the farm to find their Easter presents. The kids love it. Plus I have pages upon pages to read and 2 large assignments due by midnight friday. Then there is the cleaning and renos to do. I am going to be one tired girl by Sunday. Oh, that reminds me that I need to get the fixings for a caeser salad for supper that night at the farm.

Well I better get scooting and get some reading done before bedtime. I'm not happy about it all because it is on eulogies and how to personalize funerals. The one book actually says that clergy should look at changing the church funeral to be more about the person because traditional church funerals are not good enough. (I'm paraphrasing) I feel like beating myself. Why is everything becoming so self centered?

3 Comments:

At 8:00 a.m., April 03, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A good funeral director will respect the traditions of whichever church the funeral is held in. If that church doesn't do eulogies, a good funeral director will reinforce that to the family.

We have a good funeral home here, which listen to the various churches' traditions and try to stay within the lines.

So do what's right and ignore that part of your textbook. ;-)

 
At 12:11 p.m., April 03, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

DH and a friend that is a funeral director both told me to just do the work like they want me to and then to forget the things that I don't like that has to do with faith.

What really bothers me is that they say to respect the faith of the people and that faiths like Hindu, Orthodox, Bodist, ect. have their set ways, but then the rest we are supposed to just push these other things on them. They say we should respect all faiths yet in the next breathe they are saying we are to do the opposite. I'm just glad that this is almost over and I can do what I know is the right thing to do.

 
At 5:58 p.m., April 03, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had an interesting request a couple of weeks back, a funeral director called and said that a family wanted a Lutheran Minister to take the funeral but didn't want it to be 'too religious'!?!
I met with the family, but I really couldn't do what they asked and they weren't willing to include the most important elements of the rite, so it didn't happen.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home