Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The more I read...

And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. Colossians 3:17

I was doing some more reading for my next assignment in Funeral Directing. It seems the more I read the more I get worked up and the less I am motivated to get any school work done.

The most recent thing that I read was this:

"Without a eulogy and/or other personalized means of acknowledging this particular life and death, the funeral becomes an empty, cookie-cutter formality."

Pardon me?! A funeral in a church is about worshiping God and thanking Him for all that He has given us and thanking Jesus for dying on the cross so that we may have eternal life with Him in heaven.

I'm not even going to go into what the back of the book says. Well, maybe I am. It says that we have the right to do anything that we want at a funeral. Maybe if it wasn't in a church but they don't bother to mention that. Oh, does that ever get my nickers in a knot. I am really wishing this class was over.

In other happier news. Pete had a practice on the baby grand piano that will be used for the music festival in a couple weeks. It definately sounds much nicer on that piano than ours. Ours really needs to be tuned but with us moving there really is no point in paying for that right now. I think that he will do well, he just has to remember that on one of his songs he needs to hold 2 of the notes in it for 2 beats and not 1. He is so excited about it all.

Repete is now going to school 3 days a week. Yesterday I helped out his class while they made Easter baskets. Today they asked that grandparents come if they could. Well with Grandpa G working J came to help. She was excited to go. They were coloring Easter eggs. We will see them tomorrow when he comes from school.

Then things will get busy here. I have 2 assignments to finish for friday night plus I have to finish all the required reading. Tomorrow night is service and that is out of town. Hopefully I am far enough ahead on my assignments that I can go. Friday is service, and then to the farm. Saturday is work on the house and work on my next assignment. We will also assemble the new desk that we bought. I can't wait because I will have more room in my office with the desk in an L shape I will have more room to spread my books out to study. I'm so excited about it all.

Well I better get going and do some more of that oh so fun reading that I have. :-P

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home