Wednesday, January 30, 2008

LULL

We were so busy at work and now we are in a lull. I am here on my own while the other 2 people that I work with full time are away at a service. Then we will have nothing for the rest of the week unless we get a call today.

It seems so weird when there is nothing to do. I mean, there are some things to do like dust and water the plants but after that, UGH!!

We (I mean Truckerman) have started moving things into the new place. Oh what at mess!! The previous renters left the place in an absolute disaster. The house was messy when we looked at it but they were getting ready to move. I did find it strange that they did not really have any boxes packed. Now I know why. The only took what they needed and left the rest including the kitchen table. Yup they left the table. And they also did not clean.

I admit that my house is messy. But it is just stuff all over. But this place was a dump. I don't think they ever vacuumed or cleaned anything ever. The poor landlords are trying to get it cleaned but now they are really sick and can't get to it. I think I may be spending some time there in the next few days washing walls, etc. OY!! :-P

Just as long as it is clean for when we move in one the 16th that is all that matters.

It is bitterly cold here. I am so glad it is not me on that service today. I don't have to go to the cemetery. I look funny when I get ready for work. My coat done up all the way, 2 pairs of mitts, 2 scarves (one around the neck and one around my face), 2 pairs of socks in my big boots, and my bright green Pilsner (a beer brand) toque. I am ready to go. I would rather be warm then look good.

I normally wear the scarf, mitts and boots and get made fun of at work because it looks funny with my good coat and dress clothes but like I say, "I would rather be warm then to loose my toes."

2 Comments:

At 10:33 p.m., January 31, 2008 , Blogger Susan said...

I hope the landlords can give you a break on rent for taking on some of the cleaning work that they would've done otherwise.

When my son was supposed to move into an apartment, we arrived with the truckload of stuff on time, and the landlord said he couldn't move in for two more days because the person vacating didn't leave till the previous day. He said he needed two days for the maid service to show up and clean. Two of us worked our patooties off for about 6 hours, and the landlord agreed to knock off a significant portion of the next rent payment because he didn't have to pay those maids.

 
At 11:16 p.m., January 31, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is what the law is here...we are actually supposed to clean prior to moving or they can take it off the damage deposit. this place that we are in at the moment was not very clean when we moved in the windows were not cleaned and the walls etc. where a mess plus the edges of all the carpet had not been vacuumed in a very long time and they claimed that the carpets were steam cleaned before we moved in. if they were then there would not be a thick layer of dust all around the edges. sad that when we move out it will be cleaner then when we moved into it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home