Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Wow what a time...

The boys, Truckerman and I sat down one night and made gingerbread houses. Mainly Truckerman and I helped the boys with the houses.
We let the boys open their presents the night before we left because the was not enough room to put all of our things into the car. We bought the boys NASCAR bedding which was a huge hit. Repete could not get the comforter out of the bag fast enough.
Originally we were supposed to have been home for the weekend before Christmas but it worked out that we were able to stay straight through until boxing day. We surprised a lot of people.
Christmas morning Uncle Cookie and Jo took the boys and dads out tobogganing. Of course we did not bring anything to slide down the hill with because of the lack of room in the car so the boys used boxes. They worked out great and everyone had a great time until Uncle Cookie blew a hole in his raft.
After lunch Christmas Day we went to the farm for the boys to ride on my Gramps's new Kaboda. It is a really neat thing and will help him on the farm so much.Later we went to Truckerman's dad's for supper and we were able to go on the snow mobile. What fun!!! Truckerman's dad tied an old satalite dish to the back and we had a great time. In the picture Truckerman is driving with Pete and I am on the dish with our niece.


Boxing day Pete curled in his first bonspiel with Truckerman, grandpa and grandpa's friend. He did really well for his first one and they placed in the top 6.

After Christmas Truckerman's cousins decided to have a skating party and potluck supper. This was the first time that Repete has been on skates (the first time he would try) and he did so well. Unfortunately I missed the skating and the after supper festivities because of work.

I am missing out on a lot of things because of work it seems. We have been so busy that I work a lot of overtime and I get home late or I work the weekends and my days off. I was thankful that I was able to get the time off at Christmas to spend with our families. It was a welcomed holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home