Sunday, January 20, 2008

what's new

I am finally a licensed funeral director!!! I wrote the exam on Tuesday and I was so nervous that I took only an hour to write the exam. On the way back from the office after the exam I thought that I was going to throw up, cry, hyperventilate. I was freaking out so the lady at the reg board office called me with the news that I had passed with just the first part of the exam.

What a relief that was until I called my dad right after that. I called him to tell him and he informed me that my great great uncle Yo-Yo had passed that morning. Burst my bubble.

We have found a new place to live. It is only 5 minutes from where we are but it is in a much better safer area which is good for the boys. It is a duplex so we are only sharing 1 wall. We have a large fenced yard, a driveway, there is a play ground down the street, it is twice the size as what we have and the landlords seem like very nice people. We still have 1 month left on our lease here and we are taking possession at the beginning of February so we can move our stuff as the month goes on. The sooner we move the better for all of us. We are all so excited, even the boys, they are excited about the idea of the playground and having a place to have a playroom.

Pete and I went home to go to my uncle's funeral. Uncle was a special man in our family. We all had a special unique relationship with him and I will miss him. Pete has been to funerals before but not one where we could view the person, or go to the cemetery (that he remembers) so some of this was new to him. He is an emotional young man and he cried at the funeral and at the cemetery. I think it is good that he was able to express his emotions in front of everyone. It was also nice for him to see my Gramps show his as well.

Repete was happy to have his dad all to himself for the weekend. They had pizza, chips and pop and they borrowed a couple shows from the library. They had a good time. According to Repete, they had some pizza, watched some shows, went a couple places, bought a couple things, rented a couple things and that's all. Kids are too funny.

2 Comments:

At 10:53 a.m., January 21, 2008 , Blogger Susan said...

What an emotional-roller-coaster of a post! Thrilling to hear of your success in passing the licensing exam. Sorrow over your loss. And happiness that you found a place to live that will make you so much more secure!

 
At 11:20 a.m., January 21, 2008 , Blogger Marie N. said...

Congratulations on your license. I'm sorry it had to coincide with losing a family member.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home